We now offer Lymphatic Drainage as a treatment at Hemel Massage. Manual lymphatic drainage technique (MLD) is a specialised, very light, relaxing treatment aimed at stimulating the lymphatic system. It therefore serves as a ‘detox’ treatment. Our therapist is qualified in the Vodder method, which is recognised by MLD UK.
Three to six treatments spaced close together are usually recommended, although some people will notice an improvement after just one treatment.
Regular treatments can be of benefit for the following conditions:
- Fluid retention (eg puffy ankles, legs, eyes, bloating, can temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite)
- Post-operative swelling after surgery, especially cosmetic procedures like liposuction
- Boost immunity for those suffering from recurrent colds, flu or ear and chest infections or to prepare the body for surgery
- Chronic fatigue (ME), migraine, sinus problems, hay fever and glandular fever
- Constipation and digestive disorders
- Acne and other skin conditions
- Stress, anxiety and tension
Please check the following list of contraindications before booking:
- Damage to the lymphatic system or removal of lymph nodes
- Active cancer (within 2 years of the end of treatment is possible with doctor’s approval)
- Acute infection
- Acute allergies
The following conditions can have the treatment with doctor’s approval:
- Pre cancerous skin lesions or raised moles
- Chronic inflammation
- Thyroid dysfunctions
- Pregnancy in the first trimester
Click here to book your Lymphatic Drainage Massage or give us a call.
Hemel Massage Lymphatic Drainage Prices
£50 for a 1 hour treatment.