Covid Policy, T’s and C’s and What to expect.
COVID 19 – Back to work policy
So after 16 long weeks we are finally able to open the doors to Hemel Massage and we are so excited!
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back.
As part of our commitment to the safety of our clients and our team, we have made some changes to the way in which we carry out appointments in the clinic and treatment rooms. These have been written in accordance with the Government guidelines.
We will be asking you to follow some simple procedures to ensure that we are all as safe as possible.
We already have very high standards of hygiene and with the new measures in place we are confident that our clients and therapists will be safe for treatments to re start.
- Please come to your appointments alone with essential
- Between each appointment we will be disinfecting the
1. Door handles
2. PPE (visors and apron)
3. Hard surfaces
5. Head rest
- We have removed anything that we deem as not essential to your treatment- soft furnishings, heated blanket, fleece couch cover – you will be lying directly on the couch on a sheet.
- Please come at your EXACT appointment time- you will NOT be able to wait in the reception area. Appointments are staggered between clients to sanitize and minimize contact with others.
- There may be other clients and therapists entering and leaving the clinic and social distancing must be adhered to.
- Upon entering the clinic you will be given hand sanitizer to use.
- As therapists, our hands will be thoroughly washed and sanitized between each client.
- Face masks will be used at all times by the client . You can provide your own or buy one from us
- A face visor will be worn by your therapist.
- An apron will be used by the therapist.
- Hand washing and sanitizing facilities will be available for everyone.
- Please bring your own water, as we are unable to supply it.
- Please bring your own blanket or thick towel if you feel you need something covering you apart from the sheets
- If you feel unwell before your appointment, please contact us in advance so that we can reschedule- Please do NOT come to the clinic if you are displaying any of the symptoms of Covid 19.
Many thanks for your support- We understand this is not ideal and may seem a little clinical and cold- and not what you are used to.
Rest assured that you will still be receiving the best possible treatments from the same highly qualified therapists and we can’t wait to start working with you again!
What happens when I come for a massage treatment?
On the client’s first visit, a brief consultation will take place to assess medical history & massage requirements. This will normally take approximately 10 minutes and will be added to the treatment time. Therefore please allow for this extra time on your first visit (all details remain confidential between the client and the therapist).
Once this has taken place, the client will be left in privacy to get ready for their massage. It will be necessary for clothing to be removed dependant on type of massage required. Full body massage will require all garments to be removed, excluding lower underwear –briefs, pants or shorts must be worn at all times. The client’s privacy will be maintained throughout the massage using appropriate towel placement.
The treatment is now ready to start. This is your time for some rest and relaxation.
What happens when the treatment is finished?
When the treatment is complete the client will be given a short while to relax and gather themselves while having a glass of water.
All clients will receive aftercare advice suitable to them and the treatment just performed. This will enable them to maintain their state of well-being long after the treatment has finished.
Terms and Conditions
We require a minimum of 24 hours notice for the cancellation of any treatment and regret that failure to do so will result in you being charged the full amount.
We pride ourselves at Hemel Massage on our professionalism and expertise. We will not accept any behaviour which we deem to be threatening, propositioning or with any sexual innuendoes. Any behaviour which leads to the therapist feeling uncomfortable will result in the treatment being terminated immediately.
Here at Hemel Massage we take your privacy very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide you with the services you have requested from us.
We will securely store your data and whilst we may share the details amongst the team at Hemel Massage and Hemel Physio, we will never pass your details onto third parties.
The information we collect from you is only used to provide tailored massages to you in a safe manner in line with our legal,and medical obligation to you- This is our duty of care to you. We will safely keep your records for up to 7 years (This is our contractual obligation) and will erase any data that is not required or out of date.
We may at times provide you with information on other treatments which we think you may be interested in and notify you of any important changes to our services and our business news. This meets our contractual commitments to you.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
For subject access requests please email our DPO on email@example.com
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.